Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Uganda 2015: Day 2

Last night we got into Uganda around 11 p.m.. By the time we got through customs and traveled from Entebbe to Kampala it was about 1 a.m. Today we ate a late breakfast followed by sorting through all of our donations to be split between 5 ministries(18 bags x 50 pounds of medical supplies, clothing, games, etc.) Thank you so much to everyone who has made this trip possible from prayers to donations, to financial support. 

After lunch we headed out to My Father's House for fun with over 450 kids! (A ton by ministry standards.) Their choir sang many beautiful songs to welcome us and after a reenactment of David v. Goliath (Mark Acre v. Me), we split into different stations to play with the kids. Mark and I were in charge of Simon Says. Later on I was surrounded by a group of about 25 kids where I taught them kung fu, dancing, and how to roar.  After the 2 hours of playing I was completely worn out and had sweat pouring off of me, but man I had fun! (I totally didn't coach them to say "Tyler is the best")



Tonight after dinner the seven men in our group developed a game plan for our first men's conference tomorrow. We will talk to 300 school kids, ages 15-25, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. I've been handed the responsibility of teaching "Successful Manhood = LEAD by FOLLOWING CHRIST." In that hour I plan to talk about:
  • what I do specifically everyday to lead people to Christ;
  • how I follow people;
  • how I abstain from the world;
  • sexual purity; and 
  • most importantly why (my biblical evidence)
 I am extremely excited that my prayers have been answered by this incredible opportunity to be intentional and share the all of God's breathed words with this group of young men. Pastor Sam (Bubonero) said that most of the young men will not be believers and he stressed the importance of sharing personal stories and sexual purity. Pray that these young men will have open hearts tomorrow. I know that God will find me the words tomorrow. T



No comments:

Post a Comment