Sunday, May 31, 2015

Uganda 2015: Day 6

We are officially half way through our men's conferences! Today we had 153 men show up for our conference which is an improvement over last year's total. This group was older and more mature spiritually than the group in Kampala which makes it even more meaningful. The men Man Up taught in Palissa for the first time three years ago, are now pastors and leaders at their respective churches where they are able to share what they learn with their entire congregation. I spoke on spiritual leadership again with a strong focus on mentoring and relationships.

We also went through our prayer module today like we did last year and it was just as cool this year. My partner in prayer was Pastor Samuel and his words of wisdom meant the absolute world to me. I put him at the top of my list of men I respect.

This morning I went to the River of God Church with Mitch and Eric. Unfortunately my talk didn't go very well due to a translator issue (imagine thirty teenagers staring at me for 30 minutes because they couldn't understand what I was saying). 

The worship they have before church is just incredible though. It's truly worship in every sense of the word. It is so incredibly genuine. It is amazing to see the people's love for God. It was particularly powerful to witness their tithes and offerings. We see the conditions these people live in and know that every schilling has to be extremely valuable to them. But instead of worrying about themselves first, the entire congregation got up and offered some amount of money to support the church.

At first I was amazed at the progress of Pastor Samuel's church/school but the more I think about it, who wouldn't want to get behind this man and try to help in anyway they can? This man is a true leader of men and he is on the front lines of God's battle daily. This area has significantly more Muslim people than the other places we visit but Samuel engages them in theological debates and converts people to Christianity. Despite the threats from men in the community, Samuel proudly does God's work on a daily basis.

Tomorrow, fellow man upper, Eric, and I will go speak to a high school in the area. We are planning on elaborating on the Roman's road of salvation before doing an altar call at the end. This will be a huge opportunity for these young men to hear about Christ and mold them into future Christian leaders. Pray for God to bless us with His words tomorrow! God bless. -T

No comments:

Post a Comment