Friday, May 29, 2015

Uganda 2015: Day 4

Today was our last day of men's conference in Kampala with Return Ministries and God decided to bless us with a round of liquid sunshine (rain, and lots of it!). So unfortunately besides the Q&A, we had to stop our conference at lunch time. During the downpour the kids gathered on the stage and treated us to Man-Up themed raps.

When we went to pickup team #2 from Return Ministries I was able to find the girl I sponsor. Her name is Mirembe Winnie and she is 11 years old (and she's so tall!). I met her last year on my first day in Uganda and she impressed me so much with how attentive she was to her younger peers. When I walked in she started dancing up and down and ran immediately to me (my heart melted) and she pulled out a picture of the two us together that I had sent her at Christmas time. She wrote me a letter and told me all about her school, friends, and family. It was such a special moment for me and it is one of the highlights of my year. Mirembe (which means peace) continues to impress me with her selfless heart as she told me that if I send any gifts, to send a ball because her brothers would love to play with it as well. It was hard to tell her goodbye after such a short time together, but I was able to tell her with confidence that God willing, I will be back again!

The Man-Up soccer team improved to 3-0 all time against the locals with a 5-2 victory in the muddy death trap of a field we played on. At the end of each session with our ministry partners, we pool together money to bless them with. We will bless Pastor Sam Bubonero tomorrow, but tonight we were able to bless Bruhan greatly as he works diligently to begin his own ministry.

Unfortunately this will probably be my last post for awhile as Palissa (and possibly Jinja) will not have wifi. Pray for us as we will be driving over 7 hours tomorrow to get there. On the way tomorrow, we will be able to see George and Sylvia at Ebenezer Children's Home. My mom sponsors little Derrick there and I am excited to be able to see him again and also find out more about his interests. Ebenezer's is one of the hardest, if not the hardest place we travel to. All 25+ kids live there as orphans and are affected by HIV (either they themselves are infected, or their parents have passed because of it). Pray for George and Sylvia for their brave mission to better these kids' lives while raising them in a Christian home. I will continue writing these but it may be a week or so until I am able to post. God bless! T

Reunited with Mirembe!

Mirembe holding the picture I sent to her at Christmas.

Mirembe and her friends.

Mirembe's brother Judias with Mirembe and I.

Children from Return Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment