Thursday, May 28, 2015

Uganda 2015: Day 3

Today was the day of our first men's conference. My talk went incredibly well and 19 young men committed their lives to Jesus today. Praise the Lord! 

Our good friend Bruhan Rafael, joined us on our panel (round-table) (inside joke) and his testimony was incredibly convicting for the young men. Raised Muslim, Bruhan converted to Christianity and is still the only one to do so in his entire family. He talked about his life of sin prior to converting, his road to redemption and how he has even fought his own brother who has 30 children and multiple wives. At 28, he is a pastor at a church in Kampala and his fire for The Lord is just incredibly evident. Thank God for placing men like Bruhan on the front of his battlefield.

The boys today seemed very engaged as I spoke to them and the questions they asked me afterwards were comforting in the fact that I know they listened. I really believe that they will take some of the points in my talk to heart. I'm so thankful that God has given us the ultimate playbook on earth to instruct us on how to do everything in life. I had trouble sleeping last night but it was a blessing because I was able to dig into the bible for biblical truth in order to be prepared for today. We have prepared for tomorrow to have a Q&A session, along with talks on women, children, and work.

Also tomorrow we will have our 3rd annual soccer match with the locals (we're 2-0) and as goalkeeper I am pumped to do what I was destined to do... Be large and in the way!

Anyways, thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement! God bless, T

PS: Tomorrow will probably be my last day with wi-fi until I return, so if you need to contact me your time is limited!


I can't believe how big they've gotten! It is nice to see familiar faces and I really enjoy spending time with  Pastor Sam Bubonero, his wife Sarah and children Israel (5), Pearl (3), and Bella (1).

No comments:

Post a Comment